Silencers for every need and budget

Nevermind what kind of firearm you’re shooting – a modern sporting carbine, a high powered hunting rifle, or a slim .22 pistol – Silencer Central has a suppressor for you. Along with our BANISH Suppressors, the first true multi-caliber cans on the market, we carry an assortment of the most popular silencers out today. With suppressors to fit any price point, take a look, and see why Silencer Central is America’s #1 silencer dealer!

You can own a SBR in most states. You can’t own a SBR in Washington D.C., Hawaii, New Jersey, New York, or Rhode Island. You can own one in California, but only as a curio or relic. However, you need to check silencer legislation separately.

SBR silencers are legal in 42 states, but individual silencer ownership is banned in California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Delaware, Hawaii, and Washington D.C.

Silencer Central is licensed in all 42 states where SBR silencers are legal. You can learn more about the rules and regulations for your state by checking out our state-by-state guide on silencer ownership.

No, a silencer does not count as barrel length. A silencer will only count towards barrel length if it has been permanently pinned and welded on. There is not a good reason to attach a silencer permanently, since it reduces its usability and makes it harder to clean.

The only real reason to do so is to lengthen your gun’s barrel in order to avoid buying a SBR tax stamp. But usually, the cost to safely affix a silencer permanently is more than the cost of the stamp.

A SBR tax stamp is $200, which you have to pay whether you are making or buying the gun. For more information, see our full guide to buying a short-barrel rifle.

If you are manufacturing your own SBR from scratch, then yes, you will need to engrave it, according to the ATF National Firearms Act Handbook.

However, most people modify an existing firearm and convert it into a SBR. In that case, you can usually keep the original serial number from the manufacturer.

If you buy a SBR, it should already be engraved.

ATF Form 1 is for a SBR (or other NFA item) you’ve modified yourself. Most guns these days can be converted in minutes. You can usually do it with a few hand tools, or at a machine shop. Most SBRs use a Form 1.

However, if you buy a SBR through a gun shop or an NFA dealer online, you will have to use Form 4. This is one of the most common forms, and it’s the one you need to submit when buying a SBR from a dealer like Silencer Central. Fortunately for our customers, we take care of the paperwork so you don’t have to!