News | Silencer Laws
Tax Stamp Revenue Transfer Bill: Everything You Need to Know

Tax Stamp Revenue Transfer Bill: Everything You Need to Know

Tax Stamp Revenue Transfer Bill: Everything You Need to Know

In a groundbreaking move for wildlife conservation and recreational shooting, Silencer Central has thrown its weight behind the Tax Stamp Revenue Transfer for Wildlife and Recreation Act. This bill, introduced in Congress by U.S. Rep. Blake Moore (R-UT) and U.S. Rep. Jared Golden (D-ME) on November 9, 2023, aims to redirect tax stamp revenue from the general fund toward vital conservation efforts and expedite application processing. Let’s delve into the details of this game-changing legislation.

What Is the Tax Stamp Revenue Transfer Bill?

The Tax Stamp Revenue Transfer for Wildlife and Recreation Act is a significant milestone for wildlife, hunters, and shooting enthusiasts. Supported by Silencer Central, America’s largest silencer dealer, along with 12 other companies & organizations the bill proposes redirecting 15% of tax stamp revenue to expedite the processing of suppressor applications, addressing the current lengthy waiting periods. The remaining 85% would fund the Pittman Robertson Wildlife Restoration Trust Fund, supporting wildlife conservation, law enforcement, hunter recruitment, and the development of recreational shooting ranges. For more details, check out the bill here.

h.r.6352’s  supporters

  • Silencer Central
  • Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
  • National Wildlife Federation
  • Safari Club International
  • Congressional Sportsmen Foundation
  • Alabama Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries
  • Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
  • Delta Waterfowl
  • National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF)
  • Congressional Sportsmen Foundation
  • Sportsman’s Alliance of Maine Institute for Legislative Action
  • Mule Deer Foundation
  • Utah Department of Natural Resources

Why Reallocate Suppressor Tax Stamp Revenue?

The bill’s emphasis on reallocating funds signifies a commitment to the well-being of the community. By supporting initiatives such as wildlife conservation, law enforcement, and recreational shooting ranges, the bill directly addresses the needs and interests of hunters and shooting enthusiasts. The positive impact on these initiatives could be substantial, ensuring a brighter future for wildlife and recreational shooting.

If Passed, How Would the Law Affect ATF Wait Times?

One of the key features of the bill is its commitment to reducing the ATF’s National Firearms Act (NFA) division processing times to a maximum of 90 days for suppressor applications. The proposed 15% allocation for this purpose aims to streamline the process, ensuring that hunters, shooting enthusiasts, and the broader community face significantly shorter wait times, enhancing efficiency without compromising on the scrutiny required for firearm transactions.

Would the Suppressor Buying Process Change?

While the suppressor buying process would remain unchanged, the bill’s significant impact lies in setting a deadline for approval. This critical change not only expedites the process but also ensures that the community enjoys a more predictable and timely suppressor purchasing experience. The Tax Stamp Revenue Transfer for Wildlife and Recreation Act is a manifestation of community advocacy shaping legislation for the better.


In summary, the Tax Stamp Revenue Transfer for Wildlife and Recreation Act emerges as a beacon of change in the realms of conservation and shooting sports. With the support of Silencer Central, this legislation offers a promising future, balancing the needs of wildlife preservation, recreational shooters, and the general public. Its bipartisan backing underscores its potential as a win-win solution, deserving attention and advocacy for a brighter, more sustainable future. Stay informed, support the bill, and be a part of a positive change that enhances the firearms experience for everyone.